Etobicoke-Lakeshore, your voices were heard!
Thank you to my supporters and a special thank you to my hard-working volunteers.
Congratulations to Amber Morley on her win and to all of the candidates for a competitive race.
When I was meeting voters at their doors or on the street they would tell me how important it was to have safe streets for their kids to play on, about runaway development and lack of neighbourhood infrastructure and the lack of transparency and how their tax dollars were being spent.
I share your concern and I will continue to advocate for you and make sure our voices continue to be heard.
Etobicoke-Lakeshore I’m here for you.
I’m ready to bring real change. Help me make it happen, for all of us.
Why I’m running
I am a citizen just like you. I entered politics when I realized the current municipal leaders simply weren’t looking out for our community. What they stood for constantly changed and there was zero accountability.
So, here I am, a citizen-politician running in Etobicoke-Lakeshore to be your City Councillor for Ward 3. My priority is to represent you, the constituents – and the concerns of Ward 3, not special interests.
I’m a first generation Canadian, born and raised in Etobicoke-Lakeshore. I hold a Business Commerce degree and a Business Administration diploma. My more than 25-year career has been predominantly in management roles in the technology sector, working in everything from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. Using my experience in managing large-scale, projects, I will rein in runaway spending and bring accountability.
The daughter of hard working immigrant parents, I’ve lived in the riding my entire life. My father worked midnight shifts in a factory, taught himself English, all to give us a better life. He instilled in us the importance of a good education and common sense. My mother worked odd jobs to help pay the bills while raising three kids. She worked hard and opened a small dress shop in the heart of Alderwood. We grew up understanding the value of hard work, being a good neighbour and looking out for one another. I am fortunate to have grown up in Etobicoke.
Elect me as your next Councillor and I will focus on :
- Responsible spending – identify wasteful spending, and redirect dollars to high-benefit community projects; penalties for vendors exceeding project timelines / budgets
- Better city planning – reduce traffic congestion: more efficient construction management, complete Park Lawn GO station; ensure infrastructure plans (schools, hospitals, sewers and roads) support population growth from new builds before granting approvals
- Safer neighbourhoods – address growing crime by working with community leaders and law enforcement aided by neighbourhood watch groups, stronger community supports and services
- Practical, affordable housing solutions– introduce incentives for homeowners to build rental units / bring units up to code
- Promote small business– “Buy Local” initiatives: because local is better for a more walkable, vibrant and stronger community
I want to fight for things that matter to all of us.
If you want change, something different, I will work hard for you.
Elect me, October 24th 2022
Etobicoke-Lakeshore, Ward 3 City Councillor
Donate today and Help Us Make a Change!
If you’re able to, please donate and help Mary bring accountability and transparency back to municipal government. Mary is a citizen politician, running a completely grassroots campaign relying solely on donations.
* IMPORTANT Donor Information: Campaign donors are eligible for a rebate from the City of Toronto. For rebate amounts and other details please visit: https://www.toronto.ca/city-government/elections/candidates-third-party-advertisers/contribution-rebates/. Please note we will send out additional information after the election. Thank you.
If you have any questions or would like to reach out, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We’d like to hear from you!